Wednesday's Child

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

My First Posting!

Well, this is the first message ever for me. I don't quite know where to start. Really, my blog will end up extremely disorganized, but I'll try to start off on a good foot. What I want my blog to be is a place where I could get out all of the crazy, and often overwhelming, thoughts out of my head. Hopefully this can be a kind of catharsis.

So, the other night I was continuing on with my spiritual reading, presently in the form of Woman and the Salvation of the World by Paul Evdokimov and I was struggling with the idea of women as subservient to men (which is what society in general impresses upon the public when referencing creationist theory), when I read a sentence(or more) that really made me stop and made me just sit and ponder for several moments. Evdokimov states quite simply and frankly that when God created Adam(in Hebrew, 'adam is to be understood in a collective sense, "mankind"), man and woman as seperate entities did not exist. In fact God created them as "not yet differentiated." The present differentiation between man and woman was a result of the Fall and that with the Fall the only way that man and woman can attempt to regain their perfect unity is through the sacrament of marriage. WOW! You all probably could have told me that, but I was completely taken aback and something inside my head clicked while at the same time the idea had so thoroughly penetrated my heart that I was on the verge of crying. There was something just so simple about it all. As I read more and more Orthodox books something just stuns me about the utter simplicity, purity, and beauty of God and all his creation.

For my final thought on my first posting I just want to say how beautiful, overwhelming, and aweinspiring God's church is, primarily because of the fact that it is entirely based in pure and unadulterated love. That makes me want to weep for joy and sadness at the same time..."for God so loved the world"....just something to ponder.

20 Comments:

  • "Woman and the Salvation of the World" is a great book. In fact, I recommned *all* of Paul Evdokimov's books.

    They all have that uncanny knack for making you stop dead in your tracks and just simply reflect on the widom of Orthodoxy....

    By Blogger Karl Thienes, at June 24, 2004 at 3:42 PM  

  • My firewall that comes with my windows xp slows down my computer[url=http://nba.sports-sport.info/nba-star-weekend.html].[/url] What will be a better one firewall I can download and use for free?
    [url=http://nba.sports-sport.info/index1.html]:([/url]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 21, 2007 at 9:38 PM  

  • Really loved your sait. Well done.

    http://ebusinesstop.info/
    http://mytophealth.info/
    http://entertainmenttop.info/
    buy a business
    health humana insurance
    entertainment restaurant

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 22, 2007 at 10:10 AM  

  • Really loved your sait. Well done.

    http://freeringo.blogspot.com/
    http://downringo.blogspot.com/
    http://mobiringo.blogspot.com/
    cricket ringtone
    no one ringtone
    mosquito ringtone

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 28, 2007 at 7:13 PM  

  • Good Day i'm fresh on here. I hit upon this message board I have found It incredibly helpful and it has helped me alot. I hope to give something back & aid others like its helped me.

    Thank You, Catch You Around

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 21, 2010 at 2:54 AM  

  • Heya im new to this. I came accross this chat board I have found It absolutely useful & its helped me out so much. I hope to contribute and assist other users like it has helped me.

    Cheers, See Ya About.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 4, 2010 at 9:47 PM  

  • Hello i'm new to this. I stumbled upon this site I find It very accessible & its helped me out alot. I hope to contribute and help other users like its helped me.

    Thanks, See Ya Around

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 6, 2010 at 12:33 PM  

  • Whats's Up i'm new on here. I came upon this website I find It amply accessible and it has helped me out alot. I should be able to contribute & aid others like its helped me.

    Thanks a load, See You Later.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 9, 2010 at 10:41 PM  

  • Sup i am fresh on here, I stumbled upon this site I find It vastly accommodating and it's helped me out alot. I should be able to give something back & guide other people like it has helped me.

    Thanks Everyone, See Ya Later.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 12, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

  • Greetings im fresh to this. I came upon this message board I find It exceedingly helpful & it has helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back & support others like its helped me.

    Thank You, Catch You Later

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 12, 2010 at 3:37 PM  

  • Greetings im fresh to this. I stumbled upon this chat board I have found It absolutely accessible & its helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back & support others like its helped me.

    Thanks, See Ya About.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 12, 2010 at 6:50 PM  

  • Good Day i am new on here. I came accross this message board I have found It absolutely useful and its helped me tons. I should be able to contribute and guide other users like its helped me.

    Thank's, Catch You About.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 13, 2010 at 12:56 AM  

  • Hi i am fresh here. I came accross this chat board I have found It exceedingly accessible and its helped me a lot. I hope to give something back and aid other users like it has helped me.

    Cheers all, See You Later.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 13, 2010 at 7:16 AM  

  • Hiya im new on here, I stumbled upon this website I find It very useful & it's helped me out loads. I hope to give something back & aid others like its helped me.

    Thanks Everyone, Catch You Around.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 13, 2010 at 12:17 PM  

  • Greetings i am new on here, I came accross this chat board I have found It incredibly helpful and its helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & aid others like it has helped me.

    Thanks a load, See Ya Around.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 13, 2010 at 6:20 PM  

  • Howdy i am new to this, I hit upon this forum I find It extremely accessible and it's helped me tons. I should be able to contribute & assist others like its helped me.

    Cheers, Catch You Around.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 13, 2010 at 9:32 PM  

  • Aloha i'm new to this, I hit upon this message board I find It positively useful & its helped me out so much. I hope to contribute and help other users like it has helped me.

    Thanks Everyone, See Ya Later.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 14, 2010 at 6:12 PM  

  • Hi im new here, I came upon this forum I find It exceedingly accessible & it's helped me tons. I should be able to give something back & support other users like its helped me.

    Thank You, See You About.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 15, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

  • Aloha im fresh here. I stumbled upon this site I find It positively helpful & it's helped me out alot. I should be able to give something back and assist other people like its helped me.

    Cheers, See You Around

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 15, 2010 at 7:29 PM  

  • Hey i am new to this, I came accross this board I have found It absolutely helpful and it's helped me out alot. I should be able to contribute & aid other users like its helped me.

    Thanks, See You Around

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 16, 2010 at 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home