Wednesday's Child

Sunday, July 11, 2004

It's Scary to Me!!!

In all of my 17 years in this world, I have never come to understand the appeal that alcohol and drugs have on so many people. In fact, both always repulse me. The few times that I have been to parties with drugs or alcohol(I try to avoid those situations), I find myself being extremely uncomfortable and immensely creeped out by the presence of such stimulants. I often think that maybe I react so strongly to drugs and alcohol because of the negative effect they have had on my family(there is a history of drug and alcohol abuse on both sides of my family). Several members have died or gone crazy because of the use of such despicable substances. It seems that I have inherited somewhere in me an extreme aversion to them, maybe so that it could work as a warning to me get the heck out. But all that I know for sure is that just being around people getting drunk or high scares me so much and I can hardly stand it. I see the dangers in them and I don't want to see people become enslaved by drugs and alcohol, because I know how that is. Drugs and alcohol are the reason that I don't have much of a family aside from my mom, dad, and siblings. It is as if there is an alarm inside me somewhere that is set off at even the presence of such substances. I don't know, it may seem a little uptight or childish to some people, but they are terrifying to me, so much so that all I want to do is run away, hide, and cry when they are present(I don't even like naming them).

6 Comments:

  • All right, all right! No more warm, domestic beers with you dad!

    It's wonderful to read your thoughts and feelings, my dear.

    By Blogger John, at July 26, 2004 at 8:36 AM  

  • Thanks John, I really appreciate it. Oh, and by the way, the saints to pray for against drinking are Boniface and Aglais (I am glad that amused you).

    By Blogger Hannah, at July 26, 2004 at 10:51 AM  

  • Drinking…I thought you said “Streaking”! That’s why my reaction was what it was when you mentioned it during coffee hour.

    Oh…that makes sense now! I see…so Sts. Boniface & Aglais are patrons for those riddled with passion for the stout and not Saint Teetotaler.

    By Blogger John, at July 26, 2004 at 11:01 AM  

  • Why does it amuse you so much that I detest drinking?

    By Blogger Hannah, at July 26, 2004 at 11:30 AM  

  • It doesn’t…not at all. Remember…I’m the former violent “anti-drunk”.

    If anything amuses me it’s the spectacle of the proverbial “shoe” being on someone else’s foot. Only these feet are holier and filled with more virtue than mine ever intended to be in my utter condemnation of the act.

    By Blogger John, at July 26, 2004 at 11:38 AM  

  • Are you trying to say I am pious? HA! I wish!

    By Blogger Hannah, at July 26, 2004 at 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home