Wednesday's Child

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

I really believe that there is so much to be learned from children. The simple way that they approach life and are fascinated by the most ordinary things is inspirational. Watching children and their innocence makes me want to see the world through their eyes. To be able to see things that I know I take for granted as something beautiful and exciting would be wonderful. It almost seems that children are able to see God more easily in everyday objects because of their innocence, they have not been hardened yet. It is something truly beautiful to see a child gaze with awe at their own hand, marveling at it and how it works. Children have such wisdom in how they view the world when they are young, but it is lost once they grow older. If only that purity could be bottled.

To find happiness and contentment in the smallest things is my new goal. I want to see even the most "mundane" and "everyday" things as gifts from God. On monday I was washing my dad's car and I realized that that is what I want to do ( no, not wash cars for a living). I want to work for others, I want to be a servant to all. It is so rewarding, and also it is good for my humility to put others before me and to serve them with love. If I can just positively affect one person's life I will feel so wonderful. To be able to love and serve not just so I can come closer to God, but hopefully so that I can help others come to God, so that they too may give thanks to God for everything.

1 Comments:

  • I liked this post...especially the first paragraph. I love how kids can always see the brighter side of life. They don't moan and complain about how hard their lives are like so many of my peers do. We (you and i) share the same goal about contentedness and happiness in the little things. Good luck! :-P

    By Blogger E Rica, at August 25, 2004 at 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home