Wednesday's Child

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

I used to be certain that I would go to heaven. But as I continue on my struggle towards God the less and less certain I become.

The more that I think about other people's sufferings and other people's needs, the more trivial and silly my own sufferings and needs appear.

What I really want is "that God may make His presence known to those who have turned away from Him and do not seek Him, so that none of them may be lost, but all may be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth, so that everyone, in true love and harmony may praise His all holy name."

I know this boy (a friend of my sister's) who is a staunch atheist. There is something about him, some gift, that is so obviously of God. Over the past few weeks, this boy has been in my head and heart so much. I see in him so much potential that my heart aches from seeing such beauty and from sadness at the fact that he refuses to see God. And so I pray. I think that he came into our lives, and we came into his for a reason. So much good could come from him if he were joined to God, and it hurts my heart to think of him being lost. If he lets God in, I see him being akin in beauty to my priest (Fr. Michael), who is such a beautiful, inspiring, and loving man. Please God, soften his heart so that he may have the eyes to see and the ears to hear You in all things.

1 Comments:

  • Very nicely put. You reveal the heart of God in your concern and prayers for your friend. Check out John's latest post for a similar thought. http://amerediary.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger Petros, at August 13, 2004 at 3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home