Wednesday's Child

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Yesterday was the first day of school for college students (yeah, no more high school for me). Even though it was a long day (8-4:45), I had a good time and all of my classes and teachers look to be interesting and enjoyable. Just walking around campus I was so relieved that I no longer was a high school student having to deal with all the drama and other silly things that accompany the high school years. Even from just one day I can derive hope that college will prove much more satisfactory than high school was.

Funny story......(to me at least)....
Friday morning my mom woke up at about 6am to a disturbing ticking noise. Alarmed she checked her clock to make sure she was not just paranoid, but lo and behold, the alarm clock was not the source of the mysterious ticking noise. Getting a little nervous she commenced searching her room for the source of the noise. She soon found the corner from which the ticking was emmanating and she convinced herself in her groggy half asleep state that there was hidden in her room (in all seriousness) a ticking time bomb. Luckily the ticking stopped and she figured that it was safe to go back to bed. A few hours later she woke up and heard the noise again and began to freak out, thinking that the bomb was really going to go off this time. At that point she called me into her room and asked me if I could hear anything. I responded in the affirmative and she then asked me if it's a bomb. "Mom," I said, "that is a cricket." Ah, my mom, the blonde in disguise.

2 Comments:

  • See...I told you college would be a different world, bringing with it real life and not what you were exposed in high school!

    Your mom really thought there was a bomb in your house!?! What's really going on with her level of paranoia!?! That’s hilarious!

    By Blogger John, at September 1, 2004 at 7:08 AM  

  • "Even though it was a long day (8-4:45)..."

    Just wait till you get into the work world! :)

    "having to deal with all the drama and other silly things..."

    Sometimes college seemed to me to be nothing more than glorified high-school....but I loved it (and am still loving it!)

    By Blogger Karl Thienes, at September 1, 2004 at 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home