Wednesday's Child

Monday, September 06, 2004

A few weeks ago I got a really sweet compliment about the way I dress, and it was not the usual, "oh, you look so cute, I love that skirt" type of thing. It was from a guy who liked the fact that I dress with modesty. I was not at all expecting that, but it is one of the nicest compliments that I have ever received.

Especially in this day and age, there are so many girls who wear clothes that shock me and make me uncomfortable. It is disturbing to be baraged wherever you go with girls who have no sense of modesty, no sense of respect for themselves as well as for others. I feel like such an old lady when I say this, but seriously, some girls really need to cover up. Modesty has always been so important to me, and it infuriates as well as saddens me to see girls dress with such lack of taste. If their clothing is distracting to me, I cannot even imagine how distracting it must be to guys. By dressing in such an inappropriate manner, girls are being not only setting forth a bad image of themselves to everyone, but being a potential stumbling block to those around them. To dress in such a manner seems to indicate complete selfishness. They place too much importance on their outward appearance and in doing so completely disregard their morality and spiritual beauty. This is basically the same old theme of this world vs. christianity but it still saddens me. My question is why?

2 Comments:

  • Hear, hear! You go, girl! (Some of the women and girls at SBOC need to read this particular blog, if you know what I mean!) Modesty rules! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 8, 2004 at 2:38 PM  

  • Good for you. And good for the men who encounter you. I wish more young women were more respectful of the power they have over men and acted as kindly as you. Wars have started over a pretty female face; just think what disasters a bare midriff might cause!

    By Blogger Matt, at September 24, 2004 at 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home