Wednesday's Child

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

one of those days

Usually it is profanity that graces that walls of public restrooms, but today I say something written in a bathroom stall at school that made me smile: "Dios te ama!" For those of you not familiar with Spanish (which is such a wonderful language), that means "God loves you!" Seeing that just made my day. It reminded me of what my dad always tells me when I get discouraged, "7000 Hannah, 7000."

Today was one of those days when everything makes you want to melt. During my break I was lying on my back on the grass, gazing up at the sky and the clouds were so beautiful. There are no words. Later, a little old homeless man touched my heart. He had no earthly possessions except a few bags full of miscellaneous items. Yet, he had such a gentleness and simplicity about him that was so precious. He had a beautiful heart. He was busy telling me about his life, when he stopped short and said, "the clouds are so pretty today, they look like mountains." To top it all off, I got home, looked out my window, and saw the most beautiful sunset that I have ever seen. If God's creation is so beautiful, His beauty must be unbearably beautiful, to the point of tears - tears shed out of awe, love, and wonder. God is incomprehensible.

4 Comments:

  • I gotta ask: what does "7000" mean?

    By Blogger Grace, at September 9, 2004 at 9:40 AM  

  • The 7000 refers to the story of the prophet Elijah when he thought that he was the only one who still worshiped God and not idols. God told him that among the Israelites there were still 7000 men who did not worship idols. My dad tells me that to remind me that there are people out there who know exactly what I am going through, and to let me know that I am never alone.

    By Blogger Hannah, at September 9, 2004 at 11:01 AM  

  • Ohhhh. Well, your dad's a pretty smart fella, but he probably tells you that all the time. ;-)

    By Blogger Grace, at September 9, 2004 at 5:13 PM  

  • intense!

    love,
    jason mulgrew
    internet quasi-celebrity

    By Blogger Jason Mulgrew, at September 9, 2004 at 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home