Wednesday's Child

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Life is rough. There is so much to endure. There is so much to figure out. Especially as a young person you have to figure out who you are and who you want to be and then somehow reconcile the two. Even harder than actually experiencing this is witnessing someone you love so much struggle through this phase. It is hard to watch someone struggle and know that you are powerless to help them.

It feels even more terrible when you are judgemental with them and completely forget that the stage they are in is one that is so emotionally taxing and frustrating. I hate how I get frustrated with her and forget to put myself in her shoes; instead, I just add to her burden.

I want to help her but I can't. She wouldn't accept my assistance, and it just doesn't work that way. I have to let her struggle and pray that she will make it out stronger. I really do love my sister, so much that just thinking about it makes me hurt and cry. Inside her, inside the teenager who I barely even know anymore, is the sister that I love more than I can express. I know that she is going through a hard time and she needs love, even if she scoffs at it.

It is so much easier to try to control than to let go, trust, hope and pray.

I love her so much.

Please keep Bethany in your prayers, she is really struggling right now.

Most Holy Theotokos save us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home