Wednesday's Child

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Today I was sitting at the table eating lunch and my mom comes up to me after talking to Benny and we had one of the strangest conversations, and my mom and I have had some pretty strange ones before. It went something like this...

Mom: "Bear?"
Me: "Yeah madre, I am listening."
Mom: "We have big shovels."
Me: "Okay?"
Mom: "Shit happens, so God gave us big shovels to get through it."

After that she just walked away. Ah, my mom and her words of wisdom.

Something that I never thought I would hear come from Isaiah's mouth: "My precious nipples, they are mine, all mine."

4 Comments:

  • I don't even want to know the context of that Isaiah quote...

    I agree with him though. He can keep them all to himself for all I care.

    And...YOUR MOMMY SWEARS!?!?! I'm so disillusioned.

    By Blogger Sean, at November 21, 2004 at 9:39 PM  

  • I'm shocked too...

    With:

    1. Your mothers choice of words (I didn't even know she knew cuss words)

    2. The context of either of your conversations

    By Blogger John, at November 22, 2004 at 7:50 AM  

  • My "mommy" doesn't swear. She only uses such beautiful words when she is either really furious or when she is giving us words of wisdom such as the example above.

    I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression of my mom, she usually has an exceptionally clean mouth.

    About Isaiah's nipples...you don't even want to know.

    By Blogger Hannah, at November 22, 2004 at 8:58 AM  

  • OK, this shows up as an anonymous comment because I refuse to sign up for a blogger account. BUT, this is Greg Brooks -- former babysitter of Hannah and siblings and (I like to think) currrent, long-distance friend of Denise/Brad.

    It pains me to say this, Hannah, but I believe someone has to speak the truth.

    Your mom has been taken over. By aliens.

    This is the only rational explaination -- and, as I said, it's painful. I suggest we capture her, put her in an artificial living environment (is the second story finished yet?) and study her.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 24, 2004 at 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home