Wednesday's Child

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

"We cannot see light, though by light we can see things. Statements about God are extrapolations from the knowledge of other things which the divine illumination enables us to know."

"You will certainly carry out God's purpose, however you act, but it makes a difference to you whether you serve like Judas or like John. "

"'Are you not thirsty?' said the Lion.
'I'm dying of thirst,' said Jill.
'Then drink,' said the Lion.
'May I - could I - would you mind going away while I do?' said Jill
The Lion answered this only by a look and a very low growl....
'I daren't come and drink,' said Jill.
'Then you will die of thirst,' said the Lion.
'Oh dear!' said Jill, coming another step nearer. 'I suppose I must go and look for another stream then.'
'There is no other stream,' said the Lion."

- C.S. Lewis

2 Comments:

  • November 29, 2004...C.S. LEWIS' BDAY PARTY! WE ARE OFFICIALLY NERDS!




    I take solace in the fact that these people actually existed...It's not like we celebrate Harry Potter characters' birthday or STAR WARS characters' birthday.

    By Blogger E Rica, at November 17, 2004 at 9:46 AM  

  • So we are on for his party? Yippee!

    E-rica, have I ever told you that you are hilarious?

    By Blogger Hannah, at November 17, 2004 at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home