Wednesday's Child

Monday, November 01, 2004

What a Hippie!

I was informed the other day that I am such a hippie because of my fascination with nature in general and the sky in particular. I love to watch the sky, to see the formation of the clouds and the way they move so gently and smoothly in the wind- they at least obey their Creator. It is fascinating and breathtaking to see the way the light streams in through the window and to see the particles in the air. What glory is in all of God's creation, the firmament does truly proclaim His handiwork!

Every morning when I step out of the house and I see the day beginning before my eyes I am overcome and simply think "Thank you!" How lucky we all are to behold such beauty. I love the simplicity and gentleness that is in the sky and nature. I want to see the world everyday through eyes that can see the beauty in everything, I want to see everyday as if for the first time.

2 Comments:

  • If that makes you a hippy, than I'm a hippie too, Which is a wonderful thing to be! Oh, you would love to see Indiana in the fall, like I was just able to do. As I was sitting on my Grandparents porch there, I was watching and listening to the wind in the trees. It was like they were singing and dancing! The surges of wind made the rustling change pitches, and the branches and leaves swayed with it, as if dancing. It was awesome.

    I love you!

    <3 Teeny

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 4, 2004 at 2:07 PM  

  • Funny, I'm usually a gun-happy redneck, but according to this I'm a hippy!

    I may need treatment!

    By Blogger Firehand, at November 13, 2004 at 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home